Marzipan is traditionally made in Northern Germany.Enjoy the recipe here....
- 3 egg whites
- 8 ounces blanched almonds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops any color food coloring (optional)
- Place the blanched almonds in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until finely ground, but do not make almond butter. Transfer the almonds to a medium bowl, and mix with egg whites, confectioners' sugar, and almond extract. Knead until the dough is smooth and uniform. If you have a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment to mix. Divide into pieces and color as desired to make fruits, or whatever you desire.