Enjoy here Oscar party dish Recipe : Smoked Salmon Oscars Recipe .....
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cage-free eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1-cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 4 to 5 ounces smoked salmon, whitefish, or sturgeon, cut into paper-thin slices
- Fresh lemon juice
- 8 to 10 dill sprigs for garnish
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Reserve.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Over medium-high heat, sauté the onions until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, cool slightly, and stir in the dill. Stir in the flour mixture, salt, and then the egg yolk mixture.
- Using a wire whisk or an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until shiny and firm but not dry. Stir a little into the batter, and then fold in the remaining whites.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet or griddle and brush with some of the butter mixture. For each pancake, pour ½ cup of batter onto the griddle and, over a medium flame, cook until brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side, brushing the skillet or griddle with the butter mixture as necessary. (This makes a pancake approximately 6 inches in diameter). As the pancakes are cooked, transfer to a tray lined with a clean towel and keep warm in a low oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
What is an E-Book ? Why should I buy an E-book?
NO Shipping charges
NO delivery charges
NO storage space required
Quick Search of any Recipe
Convenient to read anywhere
Convenience of carrying around
And many More !