Another Cake Recipe here for you. Bake a red velvet cake when you want to serve a dessert that's as beautiful as it is delicious.So Enjoy the Red Velvet Cake Recipe...
3-3⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
1-1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1-1⁄2 teaspoons salt
1-1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
2-1⁄4 cups granulated white sugar
3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
1-1⁄2 cups buttermilk
1-1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 ounces red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-x-13-inch cake pan, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and whisk them together with a balloon whisk.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the vinegar. Stir well to make sure the baking soda is fully dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and oil together until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar and oil mixture in four additions, alternating with the buttermilk. (Begin and end with the flour.) Mix each flour addition just until blended.
- Beat in the vanilla and food coloring. Stir the baking soda mixture again, and fold it into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.