You are enjoying another Chicken Recipe..This is a dish for special occasions - not for any other reason except that it is rich! Its mild, thick, creamy gravy is inspired by the food of Central Asia and came to India during the rule of the famous Mughal dynasty. Cook and eat it and you will feel like royalty yourself!
- 1 kg boneless chicken skin removed
- 2 onions ground to a paste
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1" stick of cinnamon
- 5 pods of cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsps garam masala
- 10-15 almonds blanched and skin removed
- 5-6 tbsps thickened/ heavy/ double cream whisked
- 4 tbsps of ghee
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Grind the almonds into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the onions till they are translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for a minute.
- Now add all the other spices (except the garam masala) and fry till the ghee begins to separate from the masala. Add the chicken and fry till sealed (chicken turns opaque).
- Add the stock, salt to taste and cook till the chicken is done.
- Whisk the cream to ensure that there are no lumps in it.
- Add the cream and the almond paste to the chicken and stir well.
- Turn off the fire and sprinkle the garam masala over the chicken. Cover the dish immediately.
- Serve after a few minutes with naans (Indian flatbread made in a tandoor or oven).