Falooda - Falooda the cherished ice cream and flavored milk dessert of Sub-Continent. Learn how to make falooda from scratch with the help of this handy recipe.After this recipe you can make falooda at your home.Enjoy the Recipe..
- Boiled milk 2 pints
- Blanched chopped almonds and pistachios 4 oz
- Prepared falooda noodles (corn flour vermicelli) as required
- Cream from top of milk or ice-cream 1/2 pint
- Falooda seeds 2 oz
- Rose syrup as required
Cooking Directions :
- To prepare the falooda, dissolve 4 oz corn flour in 1/4 pint water.
Add 1 pint of water and cook on a medium heat stirring constantly for 15 minutes.
The mixture will turn thick and bluish in color and then turn thinner and translucent
Remove from the heat. Have a basin of cold water ready.
Put the corn flour paste into a vermicelli machine or sevanazhi and turn out the long threads over the basin of cold water.
Repeat till all the paste has been used up.
The falooda will set into soft vermicelli stirring.
Leave in water till required.
Soak the falooda seeds in a little water and keep aside for an hour.
To prepare six glasses of falooda, pour some rose syrup in the bottom of
a large glass, add a helping of falooda and 2-3 tsp falooda seeds.
Add a cupful of slightly sweetened chilled milk and a tbsp of cream.
Top with chopped nuts and crushed ice.
- Use ice cram instead of malai when preparing falooda for children.