Mexican Dessert Recipes..Enjoy the Nutty Bunuelos....
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart oil for frying, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl. Combine the cake flour, confectioners' sugar and salt; gradually stir into the eggs to make a stiff dough.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Pinch off walnut sized pieces of dough, and roll them out into thin circles on a lightly floured surface.
- Fry in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes, turning once to brown evenly on both sides. Drain on paper towels, and cool. Drizzle honey over the tops, and sprinkle with chopped nuts.