Another Thai Dessert Recipe..Enjoy the recipe of Beautiful Exotic Fruit Salad....
- 2 fresh ripe mangos
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh papaya, sliced into cubes
- 2 kiwi fruit, sliced into cubes
- 1 dragon fruit (see link for buying/prep. tips), OR substitute 1 pear, sliced into cubes
- 2 cups fresh red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- optional: handful fresh raspberries, strawberries, OR dried cranberries (for contrasting color)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3-4 Tbsp. white sugar, depending on the sweetness/ripeness of your fruit
- Slice up all the fruit - except the contrasting red fruit (raspberries, strawberries, or dried cranberries) - and place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle over the lime juice and gently stir to combine. Then sprinkle over the sugar, stirring to combine. Set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until you plan on serving your salad.
- Before serving, pour over the coconut milk and stir once again. Taste-test the salad for sweetness, adding more sugar if desired. If too sweet for your taste, squeeze over some more lime juice. Portion up into bowls and top with some of the red contrasting fruit - raspberries, strawberries or dried cranberries (the latter are very nice for Christmas). ENJOY!