Cake is very popular item in Christmas eve...But you can make different by making Pudding...Here you will enjoy how to make Chocolate Pudding...Lets enjoy the recipe...
- 250g/ 8 oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 125g / 4 oz Butter (softened)
- 175g / 6 oz Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs 150ml / 1/4 pt Milk
- 1 level teaspoon Cinnamon
- 150g / 5 oz chopped Dates
- 90g / 3oz Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
- 60g / 2oz chopped Apricots
How to make Caramel Sauce :
- 175g / 6 oz Butter
- 175g / 6oz Golden Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- Place the butter sugar, eggs, flour, milk and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, or with a hand whisk for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Stir in the chopped dates, chocolate pieces and apricots.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 1.25 litre / 2 pint pudding bowl and cover with cling film. Pierce cling film several times and microwave on medium for 12-15 minutes, until the mixture is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, apart from traces of melted chocolate. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Caramel Sauce Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until syrupy Turn the pudding on to a serving plate and pour some of the caramel sauce over the top. Serve with cream and the remaining caramel sauce.