For ice cream lovers this is a simple recipe in Christmas eve...it can makes your Christmas more enjoyable...So Lets enjoy the recipe...
- 170ml carton of Cream
- 150ml/¼ pint Milk
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Organic Caster Sugar
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Luxury Fruit Mix
- 2 tablespoons Dark Rum/Brandy
- Rind of 1 Orange or Clementine
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Good pinch Mixed Spice
- Place dried fruit, rind and brandy in a bowl, leave to sit. Overnight if possible.
- Place cream, milk, vanilla seeds, pod, cinnamon stick and mixed spice in a saucepan, bring just to a simmer, take off heat and leave to infuse.
- Whisk yolks and sugar together until pale and creamy, strain infused mixture onto eggs, stirring to combine. Place mixture back into a clean saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until mixture coats the back of spoon. Leave to cool completely before placing in ice cream machine or container in freezer.
- When ice cream is nearly frozen, add fruit mixture and continue to churn until frozen.