The Spanish Creamy Apple Tart is light and not overly sweet. Its also prepare in a short time..Enjoy the easy Spanish desert recipe.
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples (medium)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6-8 Tbsp granulated sugar
- vegetable oil or shortening to coat pans
- 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees on bake setting. Remove the puff pastry package from the freezer. Open and set each folded sheet on a platter or cutting board to thaw while you prepare the apples.
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cover tightly, so that they do not turn brown.
- Puff pastry should have thawed enough so that you can carefully unfold it onto a cutting board. Using the individual tart pans as guides, cut circles in the pastry. Place the pastry circles in the bottom of each tart pan.
- There should be enough pastry left to cut narrow strips to line the sides of the tart pans. Press the pastry into the sides of pans. Prick pastry with fork. If you have used a “apple, peeler, corer, slicer,” your apples will be sliced in a spiral. Cut them in half. Place apple slices in a circle around each tart pan. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of sugar over the top of each tart. Sprinkle cinnamon over apples if desired.
- Place tart pans on a cookie sheet and place in oven on middle rack for about 10 minutes, or until apples brown a bit. Remove from oven and place on counter. Turn up oven temperature to 350F degrees.
- Beat the egg in a medium mixing bowl, then add the heavy cream and 4 tablespoons of sugar. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture into each tart pan, covering the apple. Return tarts to oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes. If a knife is inserted into the tart and it comes out clean, it is done.