Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair Pasta. Delicious, easy, and quick—you couldn't ask for more for a weeknight meal.Don't miss the recipe try at home..
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen Organic)
- 1/4 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or basil sprigs (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add chicken to pan; sprinkle evenly with salt. Cook chicken 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce, olives, capers, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Arrange 1 cup pasta on each of 4 plates; top with 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with chopped basil or basil sprigs, if desired.