This salad is very commonly eaten in Spain during the summer. It has a very few ingredients. No doubt its tasty and refreshing.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 head romaine or iceburg lettuce
- 3 medium size ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1 (6 oz) can tuna in oil
- 2 oz (50 gr) green olives
- 2 oz (50 gr) black olives
- 3 Tbsp (1.5 oz) red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp (3 oz) extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Boil eggs and remove from heat to cool.
- Rinse and drain lettuce. Trim any spots and tear into pieces, laying them out on a platter.
- Rinse and cut each tomato into 6-8 pieces. Peel and thinly slice onion. Scatter over lettuce on platter.
- Open tuna and drain oil from can. Flake tuna with fork and scatter over salad.
- Peel and slice eggs, and place atop salad. Scatter green and black olives over salad.
- Wisk oil and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over the salad. Salt to taste and serve.