This Italian-inspired chicken dish is a one-pot meal your family is sure to love. Serve over hot cooked macaroni or cavatappi pasta. Lets enjoy the recipe...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 pound), skinned
- 4 chicken drumsticks (about1 pound), skinned
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 8 cups hot cooked macaroni or cavatappi
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast halves to pan; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining chicken pieces; sauté 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add celery; sauté 5 minutes. Add basil and next 8 ingredients (basil through tomatoes). Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is tender. Discard bay leaves. Serve with pasta. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- What is an E-Book ? Why should I buy an E-book?
NO Shipping charges
NO delivery charges
NO storage space required
Quick Search of any Recipe
Convenient to read anywhere
Convenience of carrying around
And many More !