This dish of Spaghetti with Shrimp in a Spicy Tomato Sauce combines typical Spanish ingredients – tomatoes, onions, lots of garlic and smoked Spanish paprika. It is tasty and quick to prepare. Lets enjoy Spanish food : Spaghetti & Shrimp in a Spicy Tomato Sauce....
- 1/4 cup virgin Spanish olive oil
- 2 medium-size yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 24 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 lb. shrimp 20-25 count, peeled
- salt to taste
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti or wide noodles
- Peel and slice the onions in very thin rings. Peel and slice garlic cloves.
- Pour about half of the olive oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium. Once hot enough, sauté the red pepper, onion and garlic slices in the pan. Once the onions are translucent, add the can of crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle in the paprika. Stir and cook on medium-low.
- While sauce is simmering, boil water for pasta in a large pot. When water boils, add pasta and cook until it is “al dente.”
- In a separate frying pan, pour the rest of the olive oil and heat on medium. When hot, add the shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp turns pink.
- Add the shrimp to the frying pan with the tomato sauce. Mix and cook sauce for another 3-4 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Plate the spaghetti and ladle sauce on top of each serving.