Every Moroccan is familiar with this salad. Enjoy Moroccan Tomato and Roasted Pepper Salad - Salade Mechouia
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 roasted green peppers, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped preserved lemon peel (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the tomatoes, roasted green peppers, garlic, preserved lemon, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate if you won't be serving the salad right away.
- When you're ready to serve the salad, add the salt, pepper, cumin, oil and vinegar. Toss or stir gently and serve immediately on small plates or in small bowls.
- You can eat this salad with a spoon, but it's also delicious scooped up with a piece of crusty bread.