Enjoy here Moroccan Vegetable Soup Recipe with Chicken and Rice....
- 150 g (about 5 oz.) cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion or 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped (set aside)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 or 2 celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley and/or cilantro
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth or stock
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or black pepper to taste)
- several saffron threads, crushed (optional)
- In a 3 qt. pot, saute the onions and garlic in the butter over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the zucchini, and bring the soup to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, cover, and continue simmering for another 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the rice is cooked. Taste, adjust the seasoning if desired, and serve.