Moroccan carrot and orange salad is healthy, refreshing and easy to make. Serve it as a starter, side dish or as a refreshing follow-up to a main course. So enjoy the recipe...
- 4 large, fresh carrots (about 1 lb.)
- 2 to 3 navel oranges (about 2 lb.)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Peel the carrots and grate them into very fine strands. Peel the oranges, remove the pith, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix the carrots and oranges with the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for a half hour or more to allow the salad to macerate.
- Serve in bowls with the juice.